Who We Are:
- Dave Zornow is editor and founder of MediaNewsAndViews. His previous writing assignments have included Cynopsis Weekender, CSP: Cable Sales Professional, CableWorld and Cable Avails magazines. In March 2008, Dave and Doug Foster founded the “hyperlocal” Web site NyackNewsAndViews.com which serves the suburban NY community by the same name. He is also president of the media research and applications development consultancy, TNG Research. Write to him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In addition to writing for Cynopsis Weekender for two years, Jordan Yanco does radio voice overs, standup comedy, improv and freelance writing. He also has 7+ years media and promotion experience in Spot Radio but will only talk about that at gunpoint when paid at a union-rate. Learn more about Jordan at Voice123, and LinkedIn and Yahoo Video.
- Paul Rule, is president of MARQUEST Media & Entertainment Research in Beaufort, NC. Prior to founding Marquest, Paul was manager of marketing research services for Arbitron. With degrees in journalism and mass communications research from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and the College of William and Mary, Paul began his research career at the Leo Burnett ad agency in Chicago. A former radio station owner-operator and community newspaper publisher, he is experienced in broadcasting and print research, content management and advertising sales.
- Whitey Chapin is currently a freelance researcher. Prior to this independence, Whitey worked at CBS Television/KingWorld, MTV Networks & Turner Entertainment in advertising sales research. Whitey also worked in research on the agency side at the late TN Media, aka Foote, Cone & Belding. In his spare time, Whitey consumes media information of all types. Whitey can be reached at email@example.com.
- Mollie Vandor is an LA-based freelancer currently on a quest to prove that her Film & Media Studies degree can actually land her a job in the real world, although preferably not on the Real World. In the meantime, she’s putting her production skills to work doing various freelance video editing jobs, and making the most of having a little free time to soak up the summertime sun. Mollie’s background includes articles written for The Los Angeles Times, the Ventura County Reporter, The Malibu Times and The Santa Barbara Independent, as well as a weekly column about collegiate culture for the Independent. She has also worked as a production and office assistant for a variety of film, television and digital media companies and she contributed to the most recent edition of the Focus Media Journal.
- Tyler Vickers gained the bulk of his entertainment experience from an internship at Double Feature Films and as an assistant editor for the arts section of his successful yet remarkably casual college newspaper, The Daily Nexus. He also wrote freelance for The Santa Barbara Independent and contributed a few lightly profane and somewhat amusing blogs for College on the Record (self-proclaimed “premier college blog in the U.S.”). His major published credit is, inexplicably, as a co-author of a major Naval Health Research study. The two things he believes in are writing and family. He loves college basketball, barbecue, and reading about Yiddish policemen.
- Andy Morris is president of Morris Media Research & Consulting. Previously, Andy opened the West Coast research department for Discovery’s TLC cable network. Andy has been active for more than 20+ years in the media world heading up research departments at Lifetime, TV Guide Channel, Rainbow Networks (fuse & We TV). His early years were spent on the supplier side (Norman Hecht Research & Arbitron). Andy has been a speaker at several industry events over the years including: PROMAX and Strategic Research Institute conferences. Andy Holds a BA from SUNY Binghamton and an MBA from CUNY Baruch College.
- Larry Elkin is president and founder of Palisades Hudson Financial Group, a financial investment consulting practice in Scarsdale, NY which manages over $800 million in client assets. Larry previously was a reporter and editor for The Associated Press covering government, business and legal affairs. He also is the editor and publisher of the Sentinel, a quarterly newsletter on personal financial planning.
- Peter Gordon has been a domestic and international network media executive for over 25 years with The Golf Channel. He now heads up his own communications and coaching business. You can find him at firstname.lastname@example.org.